Sunday, November 8, 2009

86

this afternoon i had the privilege of baptizing two of my friends from cLife. although it is always an honor to share in that proclamation of ones faith today was extra special. one of the ladies i baptized was 86 years old! she told me just before her baptism that she had given her life to Christ, asked Him to forgive her of her sins and wanted to be baptized. it was an amazing blessing for me and for the countless others who were there to share in that moment with her. today....at 86 years old she has a peace because of what Christ has done in her.

as i think about today i can't help but wonder if there is someone who reads my blog that still feels like something is missing?? do you feel like life has handed you far more questions than answers? perhaps you wonder if there really is a God.....

i hope that you will seek resolution to your questions. if another believer has ever told you that asking hard questions is wrong please forgive AND ignore them. i believe hard questions open up the door for big answers to emerge. scripture says "seek and you will find."

my prayer is that you will find peace. my hope is that you will have the courage to ask the hard questions. my desire is that you would be willing to ask the questions that you fear will bring about ridicule because in that humility i believe God will answer.

i'm praying that you too will find peace......today.

rwade@clifec.com

1 comment:

My World Delivered said...

Randy, wow, that's awesome what you said about my mom. I'm reading this to her now. I asked if she wanted to comment. She wants you to know(a story I've heard for years) of her death, or as some say, her near death experience in 1960. She heard the voice of God. She said it was the most beautiful, commanding voice she's ever heard, and what a peaceful experience it was. She'll tell you the whole story one day, I'm sure. In the meantime, today was an amazing blessing for us as well. Much Thanks. Terri Kays