Saturday, October 17, 2009

need a favor

i'm a worrier by nature. i preach against it. i understand it doesn't change reality. wish i didn't...but find that i still do from time to time.

yesterday i went to the dr for an allergy test and a ct on my head. i found out i am allergic to 35 of the 40 things they test for! that isn't what has me worried though. after the dr took my ct he said we need to do surgery because my left maxillary sinus is full of something. he said he wouldn't be concerned if both sinuses were full but "since only one is blocked we need to do surgery to see if it is a malignancy." my heart dropped then very quickly found a resting place at the top of my throat. he saw that i was concerned and started to reassure me that there were other possibilities as well that were actually more likely the case. i have just had a hard time moving past the word "malignancy."

here's the favor....pray that all goes well when i finally get to have the surgery. i obviously would like to think it is something other than a malignant tumor but i have to practice what i preach and just trust that whatever comes from it is.....well, right. here is the prayer list as i see it:

1. God's will be done
2. my faith strengthened

thanks

1 comment:

Jen Smith said...

Definitely praying, please keep me posted! By the way - it was good to hang out today, I've missed that.